Tuesday, August 7, 2007

SriMushnam

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Srimath Varavara Munaye Nama:



SriMushnam



Raja Gopuram

  • Perumal: Adhi Varaha Perumal - Standing, Facing West
  • Thayar: Ambujavalli Thayar

  • Theerththam: Nithya Pushkarani
  • Vimanam: Vamana Vimanam
  • Prathyaksham: Asvaththa Narayanan

  • Location: Near Chidamabaram

This stalam is one of the eight Svayam Vyakta Kshetrams. It is located about 24 miles west of Chidamabaram. 16 miles southeast of this stalam is Kattu Mannar Kovil.




Varaha Perumal




The Perumal here is Adhi Varaha Perumal. Being Varaha, He likes to eat 'gOrai kizhangu'. Therefore, a sweet dish ('laddu') made out of gOrai kizhangu is presented to Him as part of His thaLigai.


Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

2 comments:

Surabhi said...

Great Blog! Being a Sri Vaishnava myself - I was able to enjoy every part written. The images are also rare.

Vineeth Kumar said...

thanks for this info, which I was searching for.
I would like to know if you can share me the "bhoovaraha gayathri manthra" which I need to recite on visiting the temple. I saw the same mentioned in the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srimushnam also.

Thanks,
Vineeth